Recommended Full-Time Schedule
The following Recommended Full-Time Schedule is not a substitute for academic advising. You must meet with an academic advisor each semester to be cleared for registration. Consult with your advisor about scheduling and degree requirements. Also, see the current undergraduate catalog (catalog.ws.edu) for a complete list of requirements and electives. Requirements are continually under revision, and there is no guarantee they will not be changed or revoked. Contact the academic division or department for current information.
Factors that affect your progression include required Learning Support courses, completion of computer competency and your choices regarding campus location, course delivery method, and the days and times selected to take classes.
1General Education electives in each category must be chosen from approved courses listed in the General Education Program .
• Walters State students are required to meet computer competency during the first 30 hours of coursework. Students must take INFS 1010, BUSN 1360 or AGRM 2630/2631 or successfully complete a Computer Competency Exam. The Computer Competency Exam does not provide course credit. Consult your advisor. See www.ws.edu/academics/technical-ed/computer-competency/ for additional information.
• Learning Support courses must be taken every semester until completed.
• Students are strongly encouraged to complete a course in Mechanics of Materials, also know as Strength of Materials, before transferring to a university.
• Courses in Engineering Technology do not fulfill any of the requirements for the Area of Emphasis in Civil Engineering.
• Although it is possible to complete the B.S. degree in Civil Engineering in four semesters after earning the associates degree, students typically need five or six semesters to complete requirements.