Recommended Full-Time Schedule
The following Recommended Full-Time Schedule is not a substitute for academic advising. You must meet with an academic advisor each semester to be cleared for registration. Consult with your advisor about scheduling and degree requirements. Also, see the current undergraduate catalog (catalog.ws.edu) for a complete list of requirements and electives. Requirements are continually under revision, and there is no guarantee they will not be changed or revoked. Contact the academic division or department for current information.
Factors that affect your progression included required Learning Support courses, completion of computer competency and your choices regarding campus location, course delivery method, and the days and times selected to take classes.
1General Education electives in each category must be chosen from approved courses listed in the General Education Program . Students should consult a faculty advisor to determine appropriate course selections that are transferable to specific institutions.
2Students who plan to attend the University of Tennessee-Knoxville should take HIST 1110 Survey of World Civilization I and HIST 1120 Survey of World Civilization II.
3Students strongly considering majoring in A.S. Physics or TTP Physics should take PHYS 2110/2111 Physics I w/Lab. Students considering majoring in A.S. Mathematics or TTP Mathematics should review the natural science requirements for the bachelor degree at the universities being considered.
4This second natural science course could vary based on the degree programs. Students should consult with their advisor to select this second natural science course.
- Walters State students are required to meet computer competency during the first 30 hours of coursework. Students must take INFS 1010, BUSN 1360 or AGRM 2630/2631 or successfully complete a Computer Competency Exam. The Computer Competency Exam does not provide course credit. Consult your advisor. See http://www.ws.edu/academics/technical-ed/computer-competency/ for additional information.
- Learning Support co-requisite courses must be taken every semester until completed.
- Students are required to meet any pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements for the courses listed below. See the course descriptions in the catalog for these requirements at: http://catalog.ws.edu
- A.S. Physics and TTP Physics require MATH 1910 and PHYS 2110/2111.
- A.S. Mathematics and TTP Mathematics require MATH 1910 plus general education natural science. However, many bachelor degrees in mathematics require specific natural science courses.
- The following Associate of Science degrees require CHEM 1110/1111 and MATH 1910: A.S. Biology/Chemistry/Geology/Pre-Dental/Pre-Engineering/Pre-Environmental Health/Pre-Medicine/Pre-Optometry/Pre-Pharmacy/Pre-Veterinary Medicine/TTP Biology/TTP Chemistry/TTP Civil Engineering/TTP Computer Science/TTP Kinesiology/TTP Pre-Health Professions/TTP Mechanical Engineering
This 30-credit hour meta-major includes many of the general education courses that are common to Associate degrees, the first year mathematics course, and the two natural science courses required in STEM majors.