Recommended Full-Time Schedule
The following Recommended Full-Time Schedule is not a substitute for academic advising. You must meet with an academic advisor each semester to be cleared for registration. Consult with your advisor about scheduling and degree requirements. Also, see the current undergraduate catalog (catalog.ws.edu) for a complete list of requirements and electives. Requirements are continually under revision, and there is no guarantee they will not be changed or revoked. Contact the academic division or department for current information.
Factors that affect your progression include required Learning Support courses, completion of computer competency and your choices regarding campus location, course delivery method, and the days and times selected to take classes.
1General Education electives in each category must be chosen from approved courses listed in the General Education Program .
2Students who plan to transfer to The University of Tennessee, Knoxville should take the following courses: BUSN 2390 and BUSN 2330. Students who plan to transfer to East Tennessee State University should take the following courses: ECON 2210 and a Behavioral/Social Science elective from the General Education course listing.
3Students who plan to transfer to The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Business, should take MATH 2050, Calculus Based Probability and Statistics.
4Students transferring to The University of Tennessee, Knoxville should enroll in HIST 1110 and HIST 1120.
- Walters State students are required to meet computer competency during the first 30 hours of coursework. Taking INFS 1010 will fulfill this computer competency requirement.
- Learning Support co-requisite courses must be taken every semester until completed.
- *Students transferring to UT Knoxville should complete MATH 2050, Calculus-Based Probability and Statistics.
- **Students transferring to ETSU, MTSU or UT Knoxville should take MATH 1630. Students transferring to TSU, TTU, University of Memphis, UT Chattanooga or UT Martin should take a college algebra course.
- ***MATH 1830, Calculus for Business or equivalent calculus course is required at ETSU, UT Knoxville, University of Memphis, UT Chattanooga, TSU and TTU. MATH 1830, Calculus of Business or equivalent is NOT required at UT Martin, APSU or MTSU.