Recommended Full-Time Schedule
The following Recommended Full-Time Schedule is not a substitute for academic advising. You must meet with an academic advisor each semester to be cleared for registration. Consult with your advisor about scheduling and degree requirements. Also, see the current undergraduate catalog (catalog.ws.edu) for a complete list of requirements and electives. Requirements are continually under revision, and there is no guarantee they will not be changed or revoked. Contact the academic division or department for current information.
Factors that affect your progression include required Learning Support courses, completion of computer competency and your choices regarding campus location, course delivery method, and the days and times selected to take classes.
1General Education electives in each category must be chosen from approved courses listed in the General Education Program .
2Students transferring to UT Knoxville or UT Chattanooga should take HIST 2310 and HIST 2320.
3Students transferring to UT Knoxville should replace MATH 1410 with one intermediate foreign language course.
4 Students transferring to UT Knoxville should replace additional lab science with one intermediate foreign language course.
Additional Degree Requirements
- ACT composite 22 or successful completion of Praxis Core
- Attainment of 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Satisfactory rating on an index of suitability for the teaching profession.
• Walters State students are required to meet computer competency during the first 30 hours of coursework. Students must take INFS 1010, BUSN 1360 or AGRM 2630/2631 or successfully complete a Computer Competency Exam. The Computer Competency exam does not provide course credit. Consult your advisor. See www.ws.edu/academics/technical-ed/computer-competency/ for additional information.
• Learning Support courses must be taken every semester until completed.