Jul 01, 2022
Walters State students who want to complete a bachelor’s degree have a guarantee that their credits will transfer to a public university in Tennessee if they choose any one of 50 different majors offering transfer pathways. Learn more at Tennessee Transfer Pathway.
Degree: Associate of Science
Recommended Full-Time Schedule
The following Recommended Full-Time Schedule is not a substitute for academic advising. You must meet with an academic advisor each semester to be cleared for registration. Consult with your advisor about scheduling and degree requirements. Also, see the current undergraduate catalog (catalog.ws.edu) for a complete list of requirements and electives. Requirements are continually under revision, and there is no guarantee they will not be changed or revoked. Contact the academic division or department for current information.
Factors that affect your progression include required Learning Support courses, your choices regarding campus location, course delivery method, and the days and times selected to take classes.
- Students who plan to transfer to UTK should take an Introduction to Ethics course as one of their humanities/fine arts courses or as an alternative guided elective.
- MTSU and UTK should take MATH 1630. Students transferring to UTC or UTM should take a college algebra course. UofM requires MATH 1710 or MATH 1830. APSU requires MATH 1710 only. TSU requires MATH 1830 only. ETSU requires MATH 1530. TTU requires MATH 1130. Johnson University requires MATH 1130 or MATH 1530.
- Students who plan to pursue the Accounting major or Accounting collaterals at UTK will be required to take ACCT 203 or demonstrate competency by passing an ACCT 203 proficiency exam before moving forward with upper level Accounting coursework. Advisors are invited to contact the UTK Transfer Center to learn more about course equivalencies.
- Students who plan to transfer to UTK should complete MATH 2050: Calculus-Based Probability and Statistics.
- Applied Calculus or equivalent is NOT required at UT Martin, MTSU or TTU.
Students who intend to transfer to UTK should take MGT 201 equivalent, if available (BUSN 2330 or BUSN 1305, if BUSN 2330 not offered), as their elective.
Students who plan to transfer to UTK will be required to demonstrate intermediate level competency in Foreign Language before graduating from UTK. Students may demonstrate intermediate level competence after transferring to UTK.
Students who plan to transfer to UTK will be required to complete ENGL 295 at UTK if they have not completed an equivalent course at their community college. Advisors are invited to contact the UTK Transfer Center to learn more about course equivalencies.
Fall Term (15 semester credit hours)
Spring Term (15 semester credit hours)
Fall Term (16 semester credit hours)
Spring Term (14 semester credit hours)
Program Degree Requirements TTP - A.S. Accounting
General Education Requirements (41 semester credit hours)
Humanities and/or Fine Arts (9 hours)
English Literature Approved General Education Elective (3 hrs.)
Humanities/Fine Arts Approved General Education Electives (6 hrs.)
Behavioral/Social Sciences (6 hours)
History (6 hours)
History Approved General Education Electives
Natural Science (8 hours)
Natural Science lecture w/Lab Approved General Education Electives
Area of Emphasis Requirements (19 semester credit hours)
Total Credit Hours 60
Effective Fall 2022